Bemies is a company from Buenos Aires, Argentina, that makes a super fast drying line of swimsuits. Because the material is not 100% polyester, it is somehow cheaper than if it were.

The entrepreneur behind Bemies quit his finance job to start the company, investing his life savings and money from family in the neighborhood of $100,000 to get the company off the ground. Additionally, Bemies did a $10,000 Kickstarter to test the market and ended up raising $30,000 instead.

A swimsuit from Bemies costs $9.08 per unit to produce and sells for $40.99 at retail. In 2016, Bemies managed $271,000 in gross sales. This year, Bemies has earned $300,000 by the time the episode was filmed. Of these sales, 80% have been to wholesalers and the other 20% direct to consumer online.

Unfortunately, these sales were not enough to entice a shark to bite and the entrepreneur ended up leaving the tank without deal.

Scroll chart to see it all!

Scroll chart to see it all!

View source History What links here

This page was last edited on 16 February 2020, at 11:18.